Your money


Before your 16th birthday, your parents or carers may be claiming some money for you.

This money may be called

  • Child Benefit
  • Tax credits
  • Income Support
  • Disability Living Allowance

When you are 16, you may be able to claim some money for yourself.
This money may be called

  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Disability Living Allowance

If you have a Social Worker or Support Worker, they should be able to help you make a claim for this money. They will also help you and your family decide if it is best for you to claim your own money, or if you need someone to help you. This person would be called an 'appointee' and would look after your money for you.

Sometimes it might be better for your parents or carers to keep claiming the money for you, someone should talk to you about this.

The forms that are used to claim the money, can be very long and complicated, so it is always best to get some help to fill them in.

Getting a job

Making friends is hard!

Friends and relationships are an important part of growing up. As you get older our relationships with people grow and we can choose the people we spend time with. There will be some people that you like more than others and some who you don’t like at all – it‘s your choice!

Friends are important part of life and develop over time. Friends are there to share good times, bad times, offer support, advice and have lots of laughs and fun with too!

How to make friends
Top Tips for Feeling Confident
Your Friends

Here we can also give advice on health and your money BUT please ask a parent or carer for advice if you are not sure about anything contained in the website.



Useful Links


Please Note This website has nothing to do with the old JMU Access website.For more information regarding JMU London please contact them directly at 105 Judd Street, London, WC1H 9NE, or on 0207 391 2002.  For further information or a quote for exactly what you need complete our Enquiry Form, or call us now.